You can now register your athlete for the upcoming season of either of our Competitive or Recreational Rowing programs. Please complete the “Save-a-Seat” with payment by February 22. Registration packets are not needed until the first day of practice. PDF forms may be emailed to Susan Smith or mailed to Newport Rowing Club, 301 Harvey Drive, Newport, DE 19804.
>> Click for details on our Competitive and Recreational Rowing
- Save-a-Seat (due February 22, 2013)
If your son or daughter is interested in participating in either our Competitive Program or Recreational Program, please complete the following -
- Save-a-Seat Form – Reserves your athlete’s spot on a crew. This helps us plan for equipment needs for the season to ensure we have the proper mix of shells. Space is limited to 100 athletes for the 2013 Spring Season.
- Rowing Fees
You can mail your check for $1050/season for Competitive rowing or $350/season for Recreational rowing to Newport Rowing Club, 301 Harvey Drive, Wilmington, DE 19804. Please note: If you’d like to pay by credit card, we have a verified PayPal account. Either use your PayPal account (if you have one) or simply use a credit card (if you don’t have a PayPal account). Payment plans are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NRC Registration Packet
(due first day of practice – February 25, 2013 for Varsity; March 5, 2013 for Novice; March 9, 2013 for Recreational).
- Save-a-Seat – Complete this quick online form if you have not submitted it for Spring 2013 already. This provides basic information on your athlete. For Spring 2013 this form is required to be completed for all athletes.
- Emergency Contact Form – Quick online form with important contact information. For Spring 2013 this form is required to be completed for all athletes.
- USRowing Online Waiver – All rowers must sign a USRowing Waiver, which is now online! Make sure you indicate “Club Affiliation” as Newport Rowing Club. Existing NRC Novice and Varsity athletes. The waiver spans the calendar year so existing members need to renew their waiver this season. If you’ve forgotten your USRowing membership number, go here; otherwise, login here for existing members who know their USRowing number (now referred to as Championship membership). For athletes new to rowing sign your USRowing Waiver here.
- Proof of Swimming Ability – All NRC athletes are required to know how to swim. If your athlete has been a member of a swim team, earned a swimming merit badge or lifesaving’s certification, or has any proof of swimming competency, please make a carbon copy of a ribbon, medal, roster, merit badge, certification card, etc., and drop it off at the boathouse. Otherwise, check with your local YMCA, pool, or health club to have this quick swim test performed.
- Code of Conduct - updated version – 2/12/13. Parents and athletes please download, review and sign summary sheet and last page. You can scan the signed sheets and attach them to an email to email@example.com, have your athlete drop them off at the boathouse or put them in the mail. All parents are required to review the revised Code of Conduct with their athletes and sign.
- Medical Form – This is the standard DIAA form that you’ll need to have completed by your physician. All athletes must have a current medical form each year. Recommendation: To save you time, complete what you can of the form on your computer then print out the forms to take with you to your physician who will complete the rest manually.
- Welcome Athletes! – New athletes should download this short document to find out what you’ll need to bring to practice!
Note: NRC mailing address is Newport Rowing Club, 301 Harvey Drive, Newport DE 19804.
Looking forward to a great season!